Exploring Taiwan: Day 4


It is my last day in Taiwan and I did not make so many plans for today; I just wanted to really maximize my time in enjoying the place more and just relax the whole day. It is like a chill and leisure moment for me.

I started my day visiting the 2/28 Peace Memorial Park for some quiet time and enjoying the scenery of the park.

_______________________________________________ 

2/28 Peace Memorial Park  二二八和平公_______________________________________________

The 2/28 Peace Memorial Park is a historic site and a municipal park, located in downtown Taipei City nearby Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and Presidential Office Building.

228 Peace Memorial Park

The park contains memorials to victims of the February 28 Incident of 1947, including the 228 Memorial Monument that stands at the center of the park and the Taipei 228 Memorial Museum, housed at the site of a former radio station that operated under Japanese and Kuomintang rule.

228 Peace Memorial Park

The park is built in a traditional style, with Japanese garden landscaping and ponds, arched bridges, walking paths, and an amphitheater.

228 Peace Memorial Park
228 Peace Memorial Park

How to Get there:

By MRT: The park is located outside of Red Line 2 NTU Hospital station (台大醫院), Exit 1 or 4.

After spending a peaceful morning at the park, I then went to Fujin Street – and I must say it is one of best places I visited on this trip.

Getting there requires a little effort, but it is really rewarding since it’s a community full of greenery and parks. Which gives a simple and relaxing atmosphere, making it a nice place to walk around, or just chill inside the cafes.

   ________________________________________________ 

Fujin Street 富錦樹街_______________________________________________ 

Fujin Street, located at the Minsheng Community (民生社區), that is lined with trees, and better known as Fujin Tree Street.

It has a unique charm in a beautiful and quiet residential area where there is a lot of interesting boutiques, as well as cafes on the street -- which attract many art enthusiasts to visit, looking for inspiration.


Fujin Street offers a different side to Taipei's growing creative and artsy choices; and among all the cafes in the area, I decided to visit a lifestyle-hipster cafe called the Fujin Tree 353 Café

It is an artisan place that is simple and quaint with a nice ambiance. A perfect place to just chill and relax while enjoying a cup of coffee or indulging into some delicious dessert.

 

Fujin Tree 353 Cafe by simple kaffa | 353 Fujin Street, Taipei (Songshan Airport Station)

Tel: +886 2 2749 5225 | Opening Hours: 9am – 9pm (Mon – Sun)

After spending half of my day in Fujin Street, I then went to Ikea to grab some late lunch and do some window shopping.

________________________________________________ 

IKEA

________________________________________________ 

Of course, I can't miss to have the Swedish meatballs, and then I got some chicken wings, a mixed berry pie, and a chicken meal with some buttered veggies. 

Ikea: 105, Taiwan, Taipei City, Songshan District, DunHua N Rd, 100B1


After lunch, I opted to just wander around and see what else is there to explore in the area. I ended up visiting the CityLink Mall in Songhsan Station - and did a little bit of shopping in a shoes outlet.

Since it is my last day, I made sure that I'll be able to visit YongKang Street - I know about this area because of a Korean Variety Show - Running Man. 

 _______________________________________________ 

Yongkang Street 永康街

_______________________________________________

Yong Kang Street is a must visit destination for all travelers to Taipei City. It is known and considered to be Taiwanese cuisine's mecca - or the heart of Taipei's food scene. It is also the home to the original Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐) restaurant (located along Xinyi Road).

Yong Kang Street and its neighboring lanes and alleys are home to a variety of food stalls and shops.

I do not have much time to explore more of the area, but I really enjoyed wandering around and trying out some food.

Yongkang Street is not just about food — there is also an abundance of small shops selling everything from handmade souvenirs to boutique clothing. 

How to Get there:

MRT: Take the Red Line 2 or Orange Line 4 to Dongmen Station (東門). After leaving either Exit 4 or Exit 5, walk south on either Lishui Rd or Yongkang St.


And that is the end of my trip in Taipei, Taiwan. It was such an amazing experience to explore and see places that I really wanted to visit in such a limited time.

I cannot wait to be back in this great city and visit other spots that I wasn't able to go to.


For more lifestyle contents, visit my Facebook page (KLYDE JARABELO BLOGS), and my Instagram account (@klydejarabelo).

 

xxx

 


0 Comments